Thursday 21 March 2013

Apple Berry Oatmeal bars

Chinese New Year just passed recently (okay maybe a month ago) and I'm sure many still have lots of left over goodies sitting on the counter. And everytime you are hungry or crave for something sweet, you will never hesitate to reach out and grab some. The worst part? THEY ARE SO ADDICTIVE. It's crazy how much harm they do to you in terms of calories x.x

So I decided to make my own snacks they are nutritional and also able to satisfy the crave!


These oatmeal bars were filled with apples, sliced thinly and cooked under low heat with some blueberries, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cinnamon is the best spice to go with anything sweet! Used oatmeal (instant) instead of just flour. Rolled oats would be a healthier option but I wanted to use what I had in hand :)

Oatmeal
- Good source of protein
- High in fibre
- Contains minerals, vitamins and antioxidants 
- Complex carbohydrates (keeps you full for a longer time)

Go the healthy way to satisfy your crave!
xx


1 comment:

  1. oh man these look good. I am going to have to try these. I am pinning them now.

    ReplyDelete